Job Title: SMT OPERATOR
Reports to: Manufacturing Manager
Job Class: Hourly
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
This position is responsible for set-up and operations of SMT related equipment including pick & place machine, Convention reflow oven and the aqueous cleaner. This position works closely with planning, production and engineering.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set-up and operate all equipment related to SMT operations including the Pick & Place (P&P) machine, convection reflow oven, solder paste printer and aqueous cleaner.
- Runs new profiles for the convection reflow oven.
- Starts up and runs parts through the aqueous cleaner.
- Perform minor operator maintenance on SMT equipment.
- Recognizes problems and notify the appropriate personnel to correct them.
- Inspect parts and perform touch-up as required.
- Ensure that all parts are correct before running the boards.
- Identifies and communicates process improvements to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Regularly utilizes ESD (Electro-Static Discharge) precautions for components and products.
- Performs daily and weekly cleanup and keep an organized work area.
- Ensures quality control.
- Performs other duties assigned or required.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Have a good understanding of electronics and surface mount technology
- Understand IPC regulations and requirements for surface mount assembled product.
- Solid understanding of SMT components and the methods of pick and place feeder setup used for manufacturing processes.
- Knowledge of individual piece parts (i.e. capacitors, resistors, ICs, etc.)
- Have ability to run, operate, program, edit programs, and maintain the SMT machine.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work under minimum supervision.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Flexible schedule.
Education, Experience and Training:
- Some technical training is preferred
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Some light lifting is required
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.