Job Title: System Administrator
Reports to: Director, IT
Reports to: Salaried Exempt
This position is responsible for network administration and engineering to accommodate business requirements.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Establishes network specifications by conferring with users; analyzing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring, analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by implementing network access policies and monitoring user behavior and network traffic for compliance with policies.
- Supports users by providing direct assistance for network and application software issues.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements. This includes physically installing equipment and interior network cabling.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Works some evenings and weekends to implement network changes when most users are off the network.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Network Design and Implementation.
- Network Performance Tuning.
- Problem Solving, Strategic Planning, Multi-tasking, Quality Focus, Coordination, Technical Understanding, Quick Study, Technical Zeal.
- Must be highly organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Technical aptitude to support general end-user questions about computer usage.
- Ability to self-direct priorities in order to complete projects on-time.
- Knowledge of the Risk Management Framework (RMF).
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively work with and mentor end users.
Education, Experience and Training:
- Minimum Associates degree in Network Engineering Technology, Computer Engineering Technology or similar degree or verified 4+ years’ work experience in same.
- Experience with Microsoft technologies including Server, Active Directory, MS SQL, Exchange, Hyper-V, MS Terminal services as well as DHCP, DNS, etc.
- General computer and printer maintenance.
- Inside Plant network wiring.
- Experience as an Information System Security Officer (ISSO) or Manager (ISSM).
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Office environment with heavy computer usage.
- Ability to sit while working for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift 60 lbs. unassisted.
- Ability to climb a ladder.
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.