Job Title: Application Engineer
Reports to: VP of sales
Job Class: Salaried Exempt
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
This position is responsible for supporting sales of electronic components and services by identifying new applications for MtronPTI products and supporting the Sales Engineer/ Regional Sales Managers customer technical needs.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Builds and supports relationships with existing key customer accounts by periodic visits and on-going customer contact.
- Understands the company’s technical and production capabilities and identifies potential customers that would benefit from these capabilities.
- Interface with MtronPTI engineering to formulate customer feedback.
- Develop presentations, technical reports and collateral to be presented to customers.
- Develops specification sheets for new products and custom customer requirements.
- Researches technologies and seeks out new markets for the company’s products.
- May attend various trade shows to identify and qualify potential customers.
- Maintains continuous contact with customers through telephone and in-person meetings throughout the sales process.
- Conducts follow-up meetings with potential customers for future business opportunities.
- Handles all aspects of securing travel needs from flights, hotels, and car rentals.
- Prepares and disseminates trip reports and follow-up correspondence on current and new business opportunities.
Knowledge, skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of employees.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Working knowledge of electrical and electronic product applications.
- Ability to read and understand shop drawings, and engineering specifications.
- Competent with Microsoft Office tools.
Education, Experience, & Training:
- Entry level sales position.
- Bachelors of Science in an engineering discipline, preferably electrical.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.