Reports to: Director of Engineering
Job Class: Salaried Exempt
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
This position is responsible for the design and drafting of PCB’s and mechanical components drawings.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conceptualize and use CAD tools to generate all fab packages for sourcing of PCB’s and mechanical components.
- Optimize PCB’s and mechanical components for performance, cost and ease of manufacturing.
- Interface and collaborate with engineers to take concepts, sketches and layouts and create detailed design models and drawings.
- Maintain drawing revision control per MtronPTI internal document control process.
Knowledge, skills, & Abilities:
- Proficient in CAD design using SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Mentor Graphics with demonstrated ability to quickly learn other CAD programs.
- Good analytical and mathematical background.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Desirable: Knowledge of ANSI and ASME standards.
- Desirable: Knowledge of PCB manufacturing and CNC machining process.
Education, Experience, & Training:
- 5-10 years of 2D and 3D drafting and modeling using autoCAD and SolidWorks
- 5-10 years of PCB design layout and drafting using Mentor Graphics
- AS degree in Electronics, Electromechanical design or equivalent experience.
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.
Job Title: Design Engineering Drafter
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Orlando. FL