Job Title: Inside Sales Representative
Reports to: Inside Sales and Customer Service Manager
Job Class: Salary
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
Our inside sales representatives sell electronic components to OEMs and CMs within a specific assigned territory. They contribute to the company’s annual sales growth by driving sales and service to our customers.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates daily via telephone or email with clients to promote product offerings services and capabilities.
- Promptly and accurately responds to prospective or existing customer information requests. (RFQ, RMA, Reschedules, Cancellations, Order Entry and Expedites).
- Monitors/follows up on sales activities throughout the process to meet or exceed customer requirements from initial contact to order fulfillment.
- Maintains and expands sales with existing accounts through a high level of customer service making decisions for the best solution for the customer and MtronPTI.
- Coordinates sales effort with field sales team.
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate department for further development and closure.
- Analyzes customer past sales.
- Attains budgeted sales and profitability goals for each of their customers in their aggregated territory.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Ability to learn quickly, successfully engages with customers, and be productive with minimal guidance.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated success in negotiation and sales.
- Pro-active approach to daily responsibilities.
- Organized, focused, and results-oriented with the ability to work on multiple projects.
- Good computer skills including Microsoft Office tools – Outlook, Word, and Excel.
Education, Experience and Training:
- Inside sales experience (preferred).
- Background in electronic components and/or bachelor’s degree in related field from an accredited university (preferred).
- Two to five years of prior job-related experience in sales or customer service.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Office environment with heavy computer usage
- Ability to sit while working for long periods of time
- Minimal lifting requirements
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.