Job Title: Maintenance Electronics Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor/Manager
Job Class: Salary
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
Responsible for conducting general preventative maintenance and repairs on facility equipment, production equipment and test equipment as well as property structures to maintain the facilities in the best possible condition.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists other maintenance personnel with emergency and non-emergency repairs
- Diagnose electrical and mechanical malfunctions, determine extent of repairs required, and perform any range of required repairs
- Ensure proper disposal of refrigerants and associated equipment, parts, and lubricants
- Attend all company training and safety awareness
- Follow safety rules and wear proper Personal Protective Equipment
- Inspect motors and belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, and performs other maintenance actions while following maintenance procedures
- Troubleshoots sources of equipment problems by observing mechanical, electrical, pneumatic, and hydraulic systems equipment and component devices in the operation; uses precision measuring and testing instruments
- Perform a range of electrical, mechanical and electronic checks, repairs, and installations and perform preventive maintenance routines as directed
- Performs daily and weekly safety checks on equipment
- Troubleshoots and repairs Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC’s) and computer-based test stations and associated control systems
- Utilizes a Computerized Maintenance Management System
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to read and understand maintenance literature printed in English.
- Ability to read blueprints and schematics required.
- Detailed trouble shooting to component level a plus.
- Basic computer and Microsoft office skills required.
- Experienced in basic electrical and electronic field equipment operation.
- Experience in large and small refrigeration units and temperature chambers a plus.
Education, Experience and Training:
- 2-year degree in Electronics or equivalent
- Minimum of 5 years work experience repairing industrial processing equipment and test equipment in a production environment
- Lockout/Tagout experience required
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Exerting effort, or lifting and carrying, or manipulating of materials and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.