Reports to: Manufacturing engineer manager
Job class: Hourly
The Manufacturing Engineer will report to Manufacturing Engineering Manager and will provide technical expertise necessary to design, develop and implement manufacturing systems, processes and tooling required to support manufacturing and fabrication of quartz crystals, frequency control products and spectrum control products.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains various manufacturing processes which include, but not limited to welding / joining, soldering, forming, etc.
- Uses engineering tools and statistical concepts to maintain and improve processes.
- Uses Lean manufacturing techniques to improve material flow and to reduce COGS.
- Participates in concurrent engineering on new designs ensuring compliance to customer prints regarding materials used and finishes
- Suggests mechanical design methods for machining, plating, joining, plating, etc. ensuring compliance to applicable requirements
- Helps manages new component requirements for electronic and mechanical components
- Generates production level documentation and procedures
- Specifies and initiates purchase of manufacturing tools, equipment, and supplies
- Plans, specifies and justifies capital equipment expenditures
- Leads product and/or process improvement teams
- Works closely with cross-functional engineering groups performing concurrent engineering
Supervises: None. Wil assist and utilize EE interns as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Hands on position requiring interaction among multiple disciplines within MtronPTI
- Familiarity with multiple software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point is required.
- Proficient in Solidworks is required
- Solidworks Simulation knowledge is preferred.
- Use of AutoCAD, Minitab and Microsoft AX is preferred.
- Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education, Experience and Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering field from an accredited University
- Preference will be with those having > 5 years of engineering experience within a manufacturing site.
- Previous experience with manufacturing of hand assembled soldered components preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Work in an office environment.
- Minimal lifting requirements.
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.