Job Title: Production Scheduler / planner
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Class: Salary
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
Plans and coordinates production schedules with ERP system. Ensures customer orders and planned properly to drive raw materials as required and that the production plan is executed as required. Reviews expedites and customer changes as well as weekly portals to ensure that changes fit within standard plan.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work toward exceeding all timelines and delivery goals for both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrate a firm understanding of the ERP planning / scheduling functions and make system changes as required to improve the planning function.
- Firm and/or create production orders for all applicable work centers
- Communicate to other departments as required
- Uses critical thinking to ensure plans are attainable
- Follow logic of resource capabilities to assign jobs to assembly areas
- Analyze stock demand, create, and schedule jobs
- Drives a continuous improvement methodology for all planning functions
- Monitors timeliness for kit launch and production per master plan
- Reports on defined KPIs
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by adhering to 5S and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) policies
Knowledge, skills, & Abilities:
- Firm understanding of ERP / MRP systems, Microsoft Dynamics preferred
- Strong Computer skills
- Self-starter, Strategic thinker, flexible
- Able to use computer programs such as Microsoft Excel
- Knowledge of electronics manufacturing preferred
- Ability to work cohesively with peers, engineers, and supervisors
Education, Experience, & Training:
- 2-year technical degree with related experience OR bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 3 years of experience in planning / master scheduling function
- Preferred prior training in Microsoft Dynamics AX ERP System
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Work in an office environment.
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.