Job Title: Production Supervisor
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Class: Salary
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
The production supervisor role is a position leading mechanical/electrical assemblers in solder, general assembly, fabrication, and test. Responsibilities include planning of hardware through assembly processes, status reporting and management of quality and schedule goals for multiple work cells / areas.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Overall leadership of mechanical and electrical assemblers and technicians.
- Management of production schedule ensuring meeting objectives for deliveries, cost, and quality.
- Conduct hiring and releasing of workers as required to maintain production schedules.
- Create a work environment conducive to increasing employee morale and motivation to accomplish performance objectives.
- Supervise and evaluate performance.
- Ensure training plans are implemented and effective.
- Build a flexible team though cross training initiatives.
- Maintain good employee relations and adherence to policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate disciplinary actions as required.
- Confers with other supervisors and managers to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments to everything is running with appropriate parameters.
- Maintain visual management tools including Key Performance Indicator (KPI) boards and performance charts to monitor progress to goals, prioritize issues and drive actions.
- Ability to supervise across multiple shifts as needed.
- Drive continuous improvement activities.
- Improve processes to eliminate wasteful practices within the department
- Maintain neat and clean work areas and ensure compliance with safety and 5S standards; ensure a safe work environment for all employees.
- Ownership of all production floor activities
- The Production Supervisor will supervise hourly personnel.
Knowledge, skills, & Abilities:
- Must have strong electronics background.
- Must have strong communications: written and oral.
- Ability to build effective relationships.
- Ability to resolve conflict.
- Must be able to work in a fast paced, flexible environment, including overtime periods, as needed.
- Familiar with lean manufacturing techniques.
- Ability to work with engineering teams across multiple platforms, departments, etc.
- Strong Microsoft Excel experience.
- Strong MRP experience.
Education, Experience, & Training:
- Prior supervision experience in complex manufacturing environment is desired.
- Experience with tracking, scheduling, managing cost and quality in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in a leadership/supervisory environment or related technical experience in the defense industry.
- AS degree in Electronics, Electronics Engineering or equivalent.
- Prior work in the defense industry is preferred.
- Familiarly with RF Filters, oscillators and crystals is preferred.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Must have the ability to obtain a security clearance
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.