Job Title: Production Trainer
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Job Class: Salary Excempt
This position performs training operations necessary to build a work force capable of meeting the demands of electronic assembly for the MIL-AERO market. In addition to providing training to operators, the candidate will also be assisting in process development for new builds and working closely with manufacturing engineering team ensuring process documents are accurate. The production training will also assist with general training throughout MtronPTI in areas such as good manufacturing practices, FOD, ESD, etc.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Trains operators to J-STD-001 and IPC-A-610 in conjunction with MtronPTI products are requirements.
- Ensure operators are capable to meeting assembly demands.
- Provides equipment recommendations and integrates new equipment into production flow.
- Maintains and improves assembly / manufacturing processes on the production floor working closely with Manufacturing engineering.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by adhering to 5S and GMP (Good Manufacturing Practicing) policy.
- Suggests updates to production documents in conjunction with process engineer, as needed.
- Able to take documented procedures and policies and train operators accordingly to meet and match documented procedures.
- Trains operators to other procedures and policies such as safety procedures, FOD (foreign object debris), etc.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Verbal communication skills.
- Hand coordination and dexterity.
- Knowledge of specifications and testing processes.
- Ability to work cohesively with peers, engineers, and supervisors.
Education, Experience and Training:
- 3+ Years of dedicated assembly training focused on soldering skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in electronics engineering, mechanical engineering, or equivalent field(Physics, etc.) or relevant job experience.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time
- Security clearance preferred
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.