Job Title: Purchasing Agent
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
This position assists the procurement of supplies and materials to support two manufacturing facilities.
MtronPTI designs, manufactures and markets highly engineered electronics components and assemblies used to control the frequency or timing of electronic signals. We offer a competitive and comprehensive benefits package including health/dental/life and disability insurance, 401K savings and retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, and relocation assistance.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Negotiate favorable terms, volume discounts and long-term contracts with suppliers.
- Establish strategic relationships with key suppliers to ensure alignments are in place to meet the company’s needs.
- Generate Purchase Orders to ensure proper levels of materials and services at the plant are maintained in order to ensure the supply chain is operating smoothly.
- Work within the ERP system in an orderly and timely manner.
- Communicate with Production, Quality Control and Accounting in regards to delays and other issues.
- Identify new sources of procurement in order to save costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Experience working with and understanding contracts and purchasing procedures
- Ability to multi-task efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
Education, Experience and Training:
- Three or more years of experience in Procurement/Purchasing in an Industrial setting including experience with MRP/ERP systems.
- Associates degree in business or related field. BA degree preferable
- Ability to understand and read MRP system.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Some travel required.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Work in an office environment.
- Minimal lifting requirements.
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.