Job Title: Quality Assurance Manager
Reports to: CEO
Job Class: Salary Exempt
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
This position is responsible for establishing and maintaining a corporate quality assurance system and team that promotes customer satisfaction and that positively impacts the financial performance of the Company. Champions continuous improvement efforts and defect reduction initiatives to establish an effective Quality Management System (QMS).
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversite of the AS9100 documentation systems, internal audits, and pre-audit preparation of external audits.
- Initiates and implements quality improvement activities as appropriate (e.g., Kaizen, Six Sigma) to raise the performance of the company’s product lines.
- Educates and trains employees as to their impact in the quality management system.
- Develops, implements, manages, and integrates a QMS for manufacturing plants.
- Serves as the primary quality control resource for problem identification, resolution, loss reporting and continuous improvement.
- Manages quality control personnel on a day-to-day basis.
- Supports concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Designs, implements, and documents procedures for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Establishes and implements metrics (process capability, control charts, measurement quality) for monitoring system effectiveness and to enable managers to make sound product quality decisions.
- Performs root-cause analysis and other problem-solving activities to identify effective corrective actions and process improvements.
- Establishes collection and analysis systems of statistical data to predict trends that will affect improvement of product quality.
- Analyzes customers’ product specifications to establish efficient, cost-effective requirements for ease of manufacture and reproducibility.
- Develops quality planning methods for all product lines.
- Develops process certification standards and assist in process certification.
- Monitors vendor performance and establish criteria and rating system for critical vendors.
- Interacts with customers to identify opportunities to improve quality and establish feedback with manufacturing and development personnel.
- Oversees calibration and testing programs.
- Reports to management on quality issues, trends, and losses.
- Reviews suppliers purchase orders and establish supplier quality requirements.
- Participates in internal and external quality audits.
- Interfaces with supplier and customer quality representatives concerning problems with quality control and assure that effective corrective action is implemented.
- All other reasonable duties, as assigned.
- Quality Team
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel software skills.
- Outstanding communication skills
- Interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance
Education, Experience, & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, manufacturing engineering or equivalent number of years of experience.
- Certification of quality control (ISO 9001 or AS9100)
- Three (3) years of experience in QA systems implementation and management.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Capable of multi-tasking and working in multiple areas within the production floor.
- Some light lifting required.
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.