Job Title: Quality Assurance Specialist
Reports to: Quality Supervisor or Manager
Job Class: Hourly
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
This position performs various quality control activities, including contract review, internal auditing, pre-audit preparation of audits, incoming inspection, assisting with metrology and addressing compliance regulations.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform contract review for customer requirements.
- Ensure all assessments and audits on processes and procedures are performed to certify compliance.
- Monitor root cause and corrective actions for non-conformances written during these assessments and audits.
- Provide oversight for independent data analysis and metric reviews.
- Alternate for export control- Hong Kong.
- Serves as an internal auditor for the AS9100 & ISO14001 systems.
- Assists in the pre-audit preparation of internal and external audits.
- Store, manage and track company/ Customer documents.
- Update or contribute to specification and procedure updates.
- Answer all incoming company calls.
- Research and validate present and new customers/suppliers for contract review.
- Back up for morning shipping status.
- Back up for Denied Parties List management.
- Back up for new customer validation.
- Hold training sessions and presentations when needed.
- Assist with part/material inspection when needed.
- Assist with metrology when needed.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel software skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time well, multitask and troubleshoot.
- Attention to detail.
Education, Experience and Training:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Internal Auditor Training for AS9100
- Technical background desirable
- Manufacturing background desirable
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Some light lifting required.
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.