Job Title: Quality Control Inspector
Reports to: Quality Manager
Job Class: Hourly
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
The Quality Control Inspector performs a variety of routine inspection procedures to ensure quality at various stages of production. Inspects incoming materials, in-process and/or finished parts and subassemblies for conformance to quality assurance standards.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing inspection activities including Incoming/Pre-production, In-process, and Final Inspection
- Conduct dimensional and visual inspections of manufactured parts and assemblies in accordance with engineered drawings.
- Reads blueprints or engineering specifications to obtain product information such as specified material, surface finish and dimensions.
- Proficient in using micrometers, calipers, thread & pin gauges, no-go gauges, height, and angle gauges to verify mechanical part compliance. Measures dimensions such as length, height, and distance between reference points to ensure product meets specifications.
- Experienced in evaluating Certificate of Conformance validity for material and/or special process.
- Knowledgeable in identifying and coordinating conflict minerals and counterfeit materials.
- Perform material movement transactions after completing inspection process.
- In-depth understanding of relevant manufacturing standards (such as J-STD-001/IPC-A-610). Certification is a plus.
- Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process.
- Initiates MRB meetings. Compile data and documents findings and provide information regarding rework/reject data to more experienced personnel for validation.
- Non-Compliance Coordination: Coordinate and ensure nonconforming material reports are closed in a timely manner. Assists in determining root cause of non-conformance in nonconforming investigation process.
- Writes clearly and informatively; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Completes work in timely manner, works quickly.
- Previous QC experience is highly preferred: Candidates with experience in a close tolerance, job shop machining environment is a plus.
- Must be familiar with data entry and proficient with Microsoft Office and be able to complete all documentation for receiving inspections.
- Experience working in an ISO 9001/AS9100 certified manufacturing environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Proficient Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel software skills.
- Ability to prioritize, manage time well, multitask and troubleshoot.
- Attention to detail.
Education, Experience, & Training:
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Internal Auditor Training for AS9100 is a plus
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Some light lifting required.
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.