Job Title: Quality Inspector
Reports to: Quality Manager
Job Class: Hourly
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
This position performs various inspection, testing and quality control functions relating to raw materials and finished goods components.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inspects purchased parts, assemblies, accessories, and materials for conformance to specifications, using precisions measuring instruments and devices.
- Examines items for defects in materials, work, and damage occurring in transit.
- Comparing quantity and part number of items receives with procurement data and other specifications to ensure completeness and accuracy of order.
- Verify certifications and conformity to production specifications.
- Documents supplier quality issues and generates SCAR’s.
- May inspect outgoing and production line parts and materials.
- Sign off on final product prior to shipment.
- May prepare inspection procedure outlines for reference use in subsequent inspections, using data obtained from blueprints, customer specifications, and catalogs.
- Assists in the pre-audit preparation of internal and external audits.
- Supports inventory activities.
- Receives and inspects raw materials and components including dated material tracking.
- Receives and inspects finished crystals and oscillators.
- Coordinates customer returns of finished product.
- Coordinates and organizes Material Review Boards (MRB’s).
- Assists in first article inspections.
- Coordinates shipping and receiving of products sent out for external testing.
- Handles Customer Specific Release Programs – Requires Training.
- Assists in the shipping/stockroom and purchasing areas as needed.
- Keeps measurement equipment operating by following operating instructions, calling for repairs.
- Conducts QA testing, audits, and releases jobs to production.
- Serves as an internal auditor for the AS9100 system.
- Review of production travelers and related data entry.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Excellent analytical skills
- Proficient Microsoft word and Microsoft Excel software skills
- Mechanical and electrical inspection experience
- Proficiency in basic drawing/specification interpretation
- Ability to review and understand third party standards from ASME, ANSI, SAE, NAS, MIL, etc.
- Crystal Test Systems
- Oscillator Test Systems
- Various Environmental and Mechanical Test Equipment
- Ability to work effectively with a team
- Understand of metrology tools and calibrations
Education, Experience and Training:
- High School diploma or Equivalent
- Internal Auditor Training for AS9100
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Some light lifting required.
SPECIAL NOTE: The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.