Job Title: Senior Manufacturing Engineer – Electrical / Electronic Focus
Reports to: Manufacturing Engineering Manager
Job Class: Salary
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
The Manufacturing Engineer will report to Manufacturing Engineering Manager and will provide technical expertise necessary to design, develop and implement manufacturing test systems, processes and tooling required to support plant production activities.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develops test, manufacturing, and various assembly processes
- Uses engineering tools and statistical concepts to maintain and improve processes
- Investigates process problems and initiates corrective actions
- Generation of production level documentation and procedures
- Specifies and initiates purchase of manufacturing tools, equipment, and supplies
- Plans, specifies, and justifies capital equipment expenditures
- Lead product and/or process improvement teams
- Designs and develops test systems and electronic systems to support the testing and construction of MtronPTI products.
- Works closely with cross-functional engineering groups performing concurrent engineering
- None. Wil assist and utilize EE interns as needed.
Knowledge, skills, & Abilities:
- Familiarity of electronic design of test fixtures and systems is required
- Hands on position requiring interaction among multiple disciplines within MtronPTI
- Familiarity with multiple software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point is required.
- Use of AutoCAD, Solidworks, Minitab and Microsoft AX is preferred.
- Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Must be a US person
Education, Experience, & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering from an accredited University.
- All applicants will be reviewed. Preference will be with those having 5+ years of engineering experience within a manufacturing site.
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- Work in an office environment.
- Minimal lifting requirements.
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.