Job Title: Senior Process Engineer – Crystal Focus
Reports to: Director of Operations
Job Class: Salary
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
The Senior Process Engineer – Crystal Focus will report to the Director of Operations and will provide technical expertise necessary for high precision quartz crystal resonator design and manufacturing.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designs crystal resonators using various software programs (In house, COMSOL, etc.)
- Designs, maintains, and improves various manufacturing processes which include, but not limited to lapping and polishing, chemical etching, thin film evaporation, cleaning, and sealing
- Leads product and/or process improvement teams achieving defined cost and gross margin targets
- Uses engineering tools and statistical concepts to maintain and improve processes
- Specifies and initiates purchase of manufacturing tools, equipment, and supplies
- Plans, specifies, and justifies capital equipment expenditures
- Works closely with cross-functional engineering groups performing concurrent engineering
- None directly, but mentorship of other engineers is expected
Knowledge, skills, & Abilities:
- Experience designing quartz crystal resonators
- Experience with manufacturing and fabrication processes regarding quartz crystal resonators (chemical processes, thin film deposition, cleaning, sealing, etc.)
- Understanding of vacuum systems
- Familiarity with multiple software applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point is required.
- Use of AutoCAD, Solidworks, Minitab and Microsoft AX is preferred.
- Candidates must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education, Experience, & Training:
- 4-year degree in Engineering or related field
- > 10 years’ experience in quartz crystal manufacturing
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Firm understanding of safety requirements for chemical processing
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.