Job Title: Senior Purchasing Agent
Reports To: Materials Manager
Job Class: Salary
Pay Rate: Dependant upon experience
This position is responsible for purchase of critical components needed to manufacture highly technical finished goods.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Global sourcing of materials and outside processes.
- Negotiation of price and delivery of materials for different plants.
- Create various reports as required.
- Vendor management and consolidation.
- Manage inventory levels to insure on-time delivery to customers while maximizing company cash flow.
- Participate in the establishment of strategic purchasing policies and metrics.
- Other duties as assigned
- Needs technical knowledge on printed circuit boards (PCBS), passive components (resistors, capacitors, inductors, etc.) and active components (transistors, amplifiers, etc.)
- Must be familiar with OEMs such as AVX, Kemet, Vishay and stocking distributors such as Mouser, Digikey, Arrow, etc.
Knowledge, skills, & Abilities:
- MRP/ERP experience.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong computer and analytical skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proven ability to reduce cost.
Education, Experience, & Training:
- Bachelor’s degree with emphasis in business administration, economics, or engineering.
- Minimum of ten years of experience in a similar role in a $20 – $50 million manufacturing company
- Knowledge of ERP systems, Microsoft Dynamics preferred
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- • Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
- • Work in an office environment.
- • Minimal lifting requirements
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.