Job Title: RF Technician
Reports to: Production Manager
Job Class: Hourly
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
The filter technician is responsible for tuning, testing, and verifying RF filters to ensure that they meet the customer’s expectations. The technician will tune various RF filters, including, but not limited to lumped element (LC) filters, crystal, and cavity-based filters. The filter technician will also perform various environmental tests as required to ensure compliance to customer’s specifications.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tune various RF filters, including, but not limited to lumped element (LC) filters, crystal, and cavity-based filters.
- Uses computes and/or manually records data as needed
- Updates tracking boards and various floor queues as needed
- Performs environmental testing as requires which might include the following: vibration, mechanical shock, thermal shock, etc.
- Takes direction from supervisor and other team members
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by adhering to GMP (good manufacturing practices)
Knowledge, skills, & Abilities:
- Understanding of electrical and electronic circuits
- Ability to read and understand electrical schematics
- Ability to speak and read English clearly.
- Able to use computer systems and computer programs4
- Ability to work well within a team of technicians
- Organized and reliable.
Education, Experience, & Training:
- AS degree in electronics or equivalent experience (Military training, etc.)
Physical Requirements & Working Environment:
- Must be able to work with ITAR data without license.
- Will be required to obtain a security clearance
- Sitting for long periods while tuning filters
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.