Job Title: Electronic Maintenance Technician
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor
Job Class: Hourly
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
The electronics maintenance technician performs various maintenance and preventative maintenance tasks as defined to ensure manufacturing equipment remains operational. MtronPTI is a manufacturing site and preference is always to support in line equipment to minimize downtime.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Capable of reading schematics and repairing complex electronic equipment.
- Perform in line troubleshooting to repair various electronic production equipment
- Familiar with RF equipment such as network analyzers, spectrum analyzers, etc.
- Troubleshoot down to failed component using schematics and various electronic equipment, including oscilloscopes, DMMs, spectrum analyzer, etc.
- Coordinates with outside repair facilities if needed
- Assembles / Builds electronic test fixtures
- Builds test cables as required
- Performs electronic equipment preventive maintenance tasks
- Takes direction from supervisor and other team members
Knowledge, skills, & Abilities:
- Proficient in CAD design using SolidWorks, AutoCAD and Mentor Graphics with demonstrated ability to quickly learn other CAD programs.
- Good analytical and mathematical background.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Desirable: Knowledge of ANSI and ASME standards.
- Desirable: Knowledge of PCB manufacturing and CNC machining process.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to speak English clearly.
- Able to troubleshoot production equipment to find root cause and repair.
- Good soldering skills for both through hole and surface mount devices.
- Able to work independently.
- Ability to read English and perform tasks as defined.
- Organized and reliable.
- Ability to get a security clearance
Education, Experience, & Training:
- AS in electronics, electrical technology, or equivalent military experience
- Quick learner
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.