MtronPTI is seeking a Manufacturing Engineering Intern to work at its Yankton, South Dakota site.
MtronPTI is a highly engineered custom frequency control product supplier which designs and fabricates microelectronics including quartz crystals, oscillators, and other RF devices. This includes thin film, thick film, and SMD microcircuits.
Are you looking for an exciting job opportunity where you will create the latest cutting-edge microelectronics including RF and digital design? At MtronPTI you will be working on electronic designs that span all phases of the product development lifecycle, from proof-of-concept to production and production support. You will be developing reliable microelectronics for the latest military and industrial applications. Learn more by checking out www.mtronpti.com
This position is for an engineering Intern Student majoring in Electrical, Electronic, Computer Science, Industrial, Chemical, or Mechanical Engineering or similar engineering major with interests in microelectronic manufacturing. Position requires the candidate to collaborate closely with engineers and technicians in the development and product/process support. Tasks may include product requirements analysis and capture, production modeling, production tooling/fixturing, and process/product improvement activities. The selected candidate must be an enthusiastic self-starter willing to work closely with team members of various disciplines.
- Design of various process, tooling, and fixturing for electronic assemblies
- Process flow charting, capacity utilization, and process/product capability analysis
- Test and document product/process performance and procedures
- Assist in other electrical/mechanical design duties as well.
- Work on various other projects and processes as needed.
Desired Qualifications and Skills:
- Must have a High School diploma or equivalent and a student pursuing a Bachelors or Advanced degree in engineering or related fields.
- Ability to read schematic drawings and/or mechanical drawings.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Be eligible to work on ITAR data without license.
This position will report directly to the Engineering Manager in Yankton SD.
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.