Job Title: RF Filter Design Engineer
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Job Class: Salaried Exempt
Pay Rate: Dependent upon experience
This position is responsible for the design and development of RF and Microwave filter products. Leads project teams in a fast-paced team environment to deliver new products to customer on time, meeting or exceeding all requirement and resulting in profitable products when transitioned to productions
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply technical principles of engineering and electronics and utilize RF synthesis and simulation software packages to design, simulate and prototype new products with emphasis in RF filters
- Perform detailed analysis of compliance for electrical, mechanical, environmental and regulatory requirements (compliance matrix) for all new products being quoted.
- Estimate total costs, including material, labor, test and development costs as well as lead time for new products to be quoted.
- Lead design and development projects to completion following the company’s documented design and development process.
- Optimize new products for performance, lead time and cost.
- Provide guidance to assemblers and engineering technicians during the prototype build and optimization phase.
- Interface with Manufacturing Engineering to develop any new processes required to support new products.
- Interface with purchasing department to ensure required materials for prototypes are procured and delivered on time.
- Provide timely updates on progress of projects.
- Lead and/or participate in required project meetings: Project kick-offs, peer design reviews, pre-ship reviews, etc…
- Provide necessary design engineering support during transition of new product to production.
- Support mature products already in production that need design engineering support for obsolete components, quality or reliability issues or further optimization.
- Educate, train, mentor and coach other design engineers and technicians that have less experience or knowledge in the field.
- Stay up to date in technology and industry trends and propose new products to management that can give company a competitive advantage.
SPECIAL NOTE:The intent of this job description is to provide a representative summary of job duties and responsibilities required of the position. Employees may be asked to perform other job-related duties or tasks that are not specifically identified in this job description. Acceptance of employment based on this job description in part or whole does not create an employment contract implied or otherwise.